Saturday 31 March 2018

Novel, 1st attempt

FIRST DAY 
"Mooom!!! I'm late already! Let me go by myself! "Alice shouted from her bathroom.
Martha, Alice's mother works at the Bakery shop after moving to Clinton, a small town in New Jersey, during this summer. Today is Alice's first day of new school at a new place. After her father left them when she was two, they have been moving since then to different places. So, this is not new for Alice.
Alice
It's raining heavily. I'm running fully soaked. The forest is getting deeper and deeper. The more I run, the more I get entangled in the trap. "Stop following me" I screamed.

I woke up from my dream screaming and sweating. This has become a regular routine after my 16th birthday this December. Today is my first day to my new school.

Huh.. I'm just tired of this shit on every first day of my any new school. Mom insists on driving me to school on the first day. My most overprotective mom. I mean, seriously, she should be given the award for it, if there's ever any. I'm 17 this year. Still my mom thinks I'm her 5 year old baby. Duh.
"Let's go, Al. I have kept few dollars in your purse for you to use for lunch. Come on. I'm getting the car from the garage! Be quick! "says mom, who is herself feeding my younger sister Wonder, right now. Yeah, my sister Wonder has just turned 5 and this year we are celebrating her birthday.
"yes ma. Coming! "
My new school is thirty minutes drive from our current home. The town is surrounded by beautiful scapes to adore. The lush green scapes with buildings among them, is just breathtaking.
We drop my baby sister in her new play school and finally reach my "new" school "Mount high", situated in the outskirts of the town, having a student population of 1000.

"Bye hon! Pick up your pace or you'll miss your class!"my mom urges me to hurry.
I reach the reception and hand over my papers. The lady in the reception gives me a cryptic smile and hands over my schedule.
Seeing through the schedule, my first class is English, my favorite subject of all in block C building.
The school is an architecture in itself. I am so lost in its beauty that I forgot the direction to my first class. "Just Awesome. First day, and I'm already bummed!!" and bumped onto a hard rock, nope, a body. I looked up at the six foot tall person with specs like harry potter's.
"I'm sorry. I was not intending to walk right onto you. "I apologized." Hi, I'm Kevin. You, new here?? "asked the boy." Uh. Yeah. I'm Alice and I'm kind of lost to find my first class"
"Which class?? "asked Kevin." English in building C", I replied.
"Hey, I'm heading there too.We're kinda already late. Let's go together. "
We walked to the class, where Kevin introduced me to the teacher. I handed my papers to Mr Briggins and he showed me an empty seat to sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment